The aim of the London Liberating Structures meetup is to give people a chance to practice and experience Liberating Structures. Part of the skill of using LS is planning and designing workshops or other interventions which use LS.
The planning of the meetup itself is a great chance to practice that skill, and so we’d like to make it possible for more people to get involved in that.
We’d also love for people to be involved in running a structure on the night.
The planning of each meetup normally involves two video calls in the weeks prior to the meetup, usually we do these on Tuesdays at 5.30-6.30pm.
There are a number of ways in which you could get involved:
- join the design calls (even if you don’t want to run a structure on the night)
- run one of the structures at the meetup (you would need to join the design calls as well)
- help with logistics on the night - setting up the room, putting up signage, helping with arrivals, clearing up
- write a summary of the meetup for the newsletter
- help us blog about the event or things around it
Our commitment to people volunteering to join the design process or to run a structure is that we will support and coach you as much or as little as you need. So for example we could also have separate 1:1 calls to talk through the details of a structure that you want to run.
Keep in mind that the meetup is a ‘playground’ so things don’t need to be really polished. In fact it’s great if the structure is a bit rough around the edges because that makes it easier for us to talk at the meetup about ways to tweak the structure.
If you’d like to volunteer for one of these things, you can express your interest using this form. The LS London team will review all of the offers and do our best to meet all the requests. This is the first time we’re doing this so we have no idea whether we will get one volunteer or hundreds!